Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring cleaning

I was looking through my photos today to send my Grandparents some photos of our garden, and I realized that I have a lot of photos of big events that never made it to the blog.
So here they are in (mostly) chronological order :)


Caitlin with our first lettuce harvest.


Our first 3 chickens enjoying the compost buffet.

Mojitos made by the Great Amy Ortiz with fresh spearmint from our garden.

Epic four curry meal, cooked with Amy's homemade curry paste.

Curry mandala.

The makings of lavender ice-cream.
(To all you lavender ice-cream enthusiasts: we learned that it is advisable to strain the lavender buds out of the cream, they are pretty, but not very tasty)
Cement ping-pong table!

Salad table.

Historic dumpster haul.

Chrissy flexin' her muscles . . .

. . . and shoveling Florida soil and compost onto our 6-layer bean dip garden bed
(cardboard, palm fronds, pond scum, manure, compost, and Florida sandy soil.)

Our garden.

Our crazy perennial sun-gold cherry tomato plant, bok choy, lettuce, kale, etc.

Carrot harvest!

1 comment:

  1. Devin's giving me the creeps in that group photo! HA! I set it as my background at work.

    ReplyDelete